Crème Brûlée Recipe
(Yield: 8 ea)
32 oz cream
14 ea yolks
8 oz sugar
1 tsp vanilla
- Scald cream (200 degrees), blend together yolks, vanilla and sugar.
- Temper yolk mixture with hot cream.
- Skim off foam.
- Pour mixture into brûlée dishes. Set dishes on a flat sheet pan and set in a 350 degree oven.
- Pour hot tap water into pan to create a deep bath.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until set. Chill.
- When the custard is cool and set, pour enough granulated sugar on each one that there is a small amount of excess that slides around the top.
- Using a torch, carefully scald the sugar so it caramelizes but does not burn. Let the sugar top sit for at least a minute before serving.
Emma: “It’s really good.”
Hammer: “Do you love it?”
Emma: “Mmm Hmm.”
Hammer: “That was pretty easy, right?”